The Q150R Plus is suitable for use with Tungsten/LaB6 SEM and Benchtop SEM.
Sputter coating of noble metals using the Q150R S & ES Plus:
Recommended for magnifications:
• up to x 50k using Au, Au/Pd
• up to x 100k using Pt (optional)
Carbon cord coating for elemental analysis using the Q150R E & ES Plus.
Capable of achieving vacuum of 2 x 10-3 mbar
New touch and swipe capacitive screen
USB port for upgrades and download of log files
Multiple-user profiles can be set up on one machine
New software sorts recipes per user, according to recent use
16GB of memory can store more than 1000 recipes
New multi-colour LED visual status indicator
Interchangeable stage options and plug-in heads
The Q150R Plus is available in three configurations:
- Q150R S Plus – an automatic sputter coater for non-oxidising metals. Available sputtering targets including gold, gold/palladium and platinum.
- Q150R E Plus – an automatic carbon cord coater for SEM applications such as EDS and WDS.
- Q150R ES Plus – a combined system system capable of both sputtering and carbon coating. The deposition heads can be swapped in seconds.
Recommended applications for Q150R Plus:
• Low and medium magnifications
• SE signal boost (1nm or less)
• Table-top SEM coating
• Elemental analysis
• Copper metallisation layers
New user interface has been thoroughly updated:
• Capacitive touch screen is more sensitive for ease of use
• User interface software has been extensively revised, using a modern smartphone-style interface
• Comprehensive context-sensitive help screen
• USB interface allows easy software updates and backing up/copying of recipe files to USB stick
• Process log files can be exported via USB port in .csv format for analysis in Excel or similar. Log files include date, time and process parameters.
• 16GB of flash memory can store more than 1000 recipes
• Dual-core ARM processor for a fast, responsive display
Allows multiple users to input and store coating recipes, with a new feature to sort recipes per user according to recent use.
Intelligent system logic automatically detects which insert is in place and displays the appropriate operating settings and controls for that process.
System prompts user to confirm target material and it then automatically selects appropriate parameters for that material.
Intuitive software allows the most inexperienced or occasional operator to rapidly enter and store their own process data. For convenience a number of typical sputtering and carbon coating profiles are already stored but also allows the user to create their own.
Software detects failure to achieve vacuum in a set period of time and shuts down the process in case of vacuum leak, which ensures pump protection from overheating.