Broad argon ion beam system designed to polish and coat samples for SEM imaging and analytical techniques.
Fully automated argon ion polishing system suitable for preparation of SEM samples to prepare damage free surfaces, cross sections and deposit coatings to protect or eliminate charging.
- Polish, etch or coat samples with a single pump down
- Etch at voltages as low as 100 V for rapid and damage free preparation of sample surfaces
- Permit samples as large as 32 mm in diameter
- Transfer samples from the PECS™ II instrument to a SEM/FIB or glovebox without exposure to air (optional)
- Store and analyze image in DigitalMicrograph® software from Gatan for digital optical imaging
- Display and control all PECS II parameters using integrated 10-inch color touch screen